Which of the following diseases is not hereditary?
D. Colour blindness
Hereditary diseases are those diseases that could be passed from parents and ancestors to offspring.
Now to the right option…
- Option A is incorrect; Albinism is a hereditary disorder caused by genetic inability to produce enough melanin for the skin. It can be inherited.
- Option B is very correct; Scabies is a skin condition or infestation caused by mite bite, it has nothing to do with heredity.
- Haemophilia is a health condition that reduces the ability of blood to clot. Now clotting is necessary for easy healing of wounds. Sadly, the inability for the blood of a Haemophilia patient to clot is caused by a genetic disorder which can be inherited. So, C is incorrect.
- Actually, D is also incorrect; color blindness or color vision deficiency is the inability of the eyes to clearly differentiate between colors. Common among men than women, and also inheritable.
You may please note that:
- Scabies is an infestation and not infection of the skin.
- By infestation, I mean the mites live and reproduce on the skin of it’s host.
- By infection, I mean contamination by micro-organisms.
You may use the questions and answers session to deal further on this topic…
/ culled from 2018 JAMB-UTME biology question 29 /
Which of the following diseases is not hereditary? » QuizTablet
Course Provider: Organization
Course Provider Name: N.D Sammy
Course Provider URL: quiztablet.com