Which of the following factors mostly determine the major biomes…
Which of the following factors mostly determine the major biomes of the world?
A. pressure and wind speed
B. temperature and wind speed
C. pressure and rainfall
D. Temperature and rainfall
A biome is simply a major community where living organisms like plants and animals live and interact. There are factors which influence the existence and survival of these living things, we are here required to identify the most important.
Now for the right answer to the above question:
- Option A is incorrect; Pressure and wind speed not the most important among the options.
- Option B is also incorrect; although temperature is very important, wind speed is almost less relevant.
- C is incorrect; pressure and rainfall are quite relevant, but not the answer when compared to option D
- D is the answer; temperature and rainfall are the most powerful factors in the options.
You may please note that:
- Extreme temperatures (extremely hot or cold) does not favour the development of many species of plants and animals across biomes.
- Rainfall is a major factor that to a large extent determines plant and animal life.
Use the questions and answers session to raise further questions and deal more on this topic…
/ culled from 2016 JAMB-UTME biology past question 38 /