- Which of the following is a set of neutral oxides? - 11/25/2022
- A secondary alkanol can be oxidized to give… - 11/25/2022
- The IUPAC name for CH3CH2COOCH2CH3 is… - 11/25/2022
What are the properties of subatomic particles?
Which of the following is a set of neutral oxides?
Neutral oxides are neither acidic nor basic, nor amphoteric.
Neutral oxide reacts with neither acid nor base to form salts.
Now for the right answer to the above question:
- Option A is correct. Dinitrogen (I) Oxide, water, as well as Carbon (II) Oxide, are all neutral oxides.
- Option B is incorrect. Sulphur (IV) Oxide is an acidic oxide, it dissolves in water to form acid, it can also react directly with a base to form a salt.
- C is incorrect. Sodium Oxide is a basic oxide, while Zinc Oxide is an amphoteric oxide.
- D is not the correct answer. Although NO is a neutral oxide, SO3 is an acidic oxide.
You may please note these/this:
- Acidic oxides dissolve in water to form acids, they react with bases to form salt.
- Basic oxides dissolve in water to form bases, they react with acids to form salt.
- Amphoteric oxides are both basic and acidic, they can behave like both.
- Neutral oxides are neither acidic nor basic, neither are they amphoteric.
Use the questions and answer section to correct, express, and contribute your views.
You can also share this page with friends.
/culled from 2019 JAMB-UTME Chemistry question 15/