Which of the following statements is applicable to a real…
Which of the following statements is applicable to a real image formed by a concave mirror?
- I. It can be observed on a screen
- II. It is always inverted and in front of the mirror
- III. It only seems to exist
- IV. It is formed by the actual converging of rays of light.
A. I, II and III only
B. I, II and IV only
C. I and III only
D. I and II only.
Let’s analyze each statement:
- I is correct because all real images can be observed on a screen.
- II is very correct, this is because all real images must be inverted and all virtual images must be upright.
- III is wrong because the image is real, and so, cannot be said to ‘seem to exist’
- IV is very correct because all real images are formed by the converging of light rays while virtual images are formed by the diverging of light rays.
With these, we can safely determine that I II and IV are correct.
Now for the right answer to the above question:
- Option A is incorrect. III is not correct. real image is real and cannot be said to ‘seem to exist’.
- Option B is correct.
- C is incorrect. III is not correct.
- D is not the correct answer. IV too is correct.
You may please note these/this:
- Virtual image is an image that seem to exist.
- All virtual images are usually upright.
- All real images are usually inverted.
- All virtual images are formed when rays diverge.
- All real images are formed when rays converge.
You can freely add your own answers below or click the golden ASK A QUESTION BOTTON down this page to raise new related questions… OUR COMMUNITY OF EXPERTS WILL BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO TACKLE IT…
/ culled from 2016 JAMB-UTME physics past question 38 /
Which of the following statements is applicable to a real... » QuizTablet
Course Provider: Organization
Course Provider Name: N.D Sammy
Course Provider URL: https://quiztablet.com/about-quiztablet-community/